Thursday, October 13, 2011

Just a day at the park... (scrapbook memories)

I have a lot of hobbies- one of which is scrapbooking! I like doing it because it's fun, and Calandra LOVES checking out her scrapbooks way more than she likes looking at plain-old photo albums. Here is a page I am particularly proud of because it was super easy and is super cute! The pictures were taken with my phone, so they aren't very good quality, sorry!

First, I got out the paper I wanted. I picked a textured green for the leaves & grass, a rich brown for the trunk, and a nice blue for the sky/background. I cut the pieces out using an exact-o knife, placed them where I wanted them, and glued.I wanted to make a swing, so I glued 2 pieces of brown yarn underneath the tree branch and put a candle on top to weigh it down...
Then I took the brown piece that I cut out for the seat and put the yarn through little notches in it and glued it down as well. (Gluesticks are NOT my adhesive of choice for scrapbooking... but it's all I had in this case)


Then I added the lettering and the pictures! The "Fun" and "Park" are foam sticker-letters from the Easter set I got a couple years ago. The "at the" is just sharpie. There's my daughter looking at pictures from a year ago and pointing at her daddy (oh and my fat pregnancy calf) Do you have any pages you are particularly proud of? Post a picture-I would LOVE to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment