Saturday, November 5, 2011

Say "good-bye" to Goo-Gone and "hello" to homemade DQ Blizzards!

Due to my surgery yesterday, I've been slacking on blog updates- so sorry! I did do some activities and find out a couple secret tricks that I want to share! Activities will be posted later when I upload the pictures. As for the tricks-

Instead of goo gone, you can use peanut butter! Just put peanut butter on the jar (or whatever you are trying to get the glue off of) and let it sit. I let mine sit for about 15-20 minutes while I did the rest of the dishes. I don't know if it made a difference, though, because I've only tried it the once.
Now, it doesn't make it so you can just rinse off the peanut butter and the glue rinses off as well. But it does come off while washing the jar with the same amount of effort of washing other dishes, instead of scrubbing and scrubbing at the glue only for it to never come off and leave the sponge sticky!
(I found this trick in a recent issue of All You)

An even better trick I found is a MUST SEE for ALL cake decorators! If you're like me, you LOVE decorating cupcakes, but you HATE cleaning out the dang decorating bags! Here's a really awesome trick that I have fallen in love with!

Oh and one more. The best recipe so far:

Home made Blizzards!

Are you ready for it?? I hope you're all as excited as I am!

Simply mix 1/4 cup of milk with 2 1/2 cups of vanilla ice cream. My new hero, Todd Wilbur (if you're a foodie, he is also your new hero. Check him out) used a blender, but I used a Kitchen Aid mixer and it worked fine!
Add the extras to make it whatever- I made Kit Kat for my first one! This makes roughly 16 ounces. Anyway- mix it, add extra, mix some more, and pour it in to a glass. Time for the test. Hold the cup upside down! I know, it's scary, because you don't want this mass of deliciousness to fall to the floor and not be able to eat it... but do it! It should stay in the cup! As long as it does, you've done it perfectly. Apparently, it is corporate policy that before the employees at DQ give you your Blizzard, they are supposed to flip it upside down in order to ensure its quality. So do it to yours!

Hopefully this recipe and these 2 tricks will hold you over for now until I quit slacking and upload the pictures from all of our activities we've been doing. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment